Serving you peace of mind
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
|Posted on March 15, 2014 at 4:10 PM||comments (17306)|
Maintenance tips to protect your home against plumbing problems.
- Check Faucets for drips or leaks.Make repairs to save water.
- Ensure that all drains have strainers to prevent hair,soap and debris from clogging drains.
- Inspect tank and bowl for cracks or leaks.
- Check toilets for hidden leaks, add 6 drops of food coloring to your tank.If the toilet is leaking , color will appear in the bowl within 30 minutes.
- Operate water supply valves under sinks and toilets to prevent them from sticking.
- Clean mineral deposits from shower head . Unscrew it and soak in vinegar or fill a plastic baggie with vinegar, place it over the shower head and hold it in place with a rubber band . Soak overnight then remove and gently scrub with an old toothbrush to remove deposits.
- Make sure toilets flush properly. If the handle must be held down for a thorough flush or jiggled to stop the water from running you may need to worn tank parts.
- Check the temperature setting on the water heater. It should be set no higher than 120 degrees F to prevent scalding and reduce energy use.
- Carefully drain several gallons from the water heater tank to flush out corrosion causing sediment,which reduces heating efficiency and shortens the life of the heater.